"Music history according to students" joke
1. Agnus Dei was a woman composer famous for her church music.
2. Refrain means don't do it. A refrain in music is the part you better
not try to sing.
3. A virtuoso is a musician with real high morals.
4. John Sebastian Bach died from 1750 to the present.
5. Handel was half German, half Italian, and half English. He was rather large.
6. Beethoven wrote music even though he was deaf. He was so deaf he wrote
loud music. He took long walks in the forest even when everyone was
calling him. I guess he could not hear so good. Beethoven expired in
1827 and later died from this.
7. Henry Purcell is a well known composer few people have ever heard of.
8. Aaron Copland is one of your most famous contemporary composers. It is
unusual to be contemporary. Most composers do not live until they are dead.
9. An opera is a song of bigly size.
10. In the last scene of Pagliacci, Canio stabs Nedda who is the one he
really loves. Pretty soon Silvio also gets stabbed, and they all live
happily ever after.
11. When a singer sings, he stirs up the air and makes it hit any passing
eardrums. But if he is good, he knows how to keep it from hurting.
12. Music sung by two people at the same time is called a duel.
13. I know what a sextet is but I had rather not say.
14. Caruso was at first an Italian. Then someone heard his voice and said
he would go a long way. And so he came to America.
15. A good orchestra is always ready to play if the conductor steps onthe odium.
16. Morris dancing is a country survival from times when people were happy.
17. Most authorities agree that music of antiquity was written long ago.
18. Probably the most marvelous fugue was the one between the Hatfields
19. My very best liked piece of music is the Bronze Lullaby.
20. My favorite composer is Opus.
21. A harp is a nude piano.
22. A tuba is much larger than its name.
23. Instruments come in many sizes, shapes and orchestras.
24. You should always say "celli" when you mean there are two or more cellos.
25. Another name for kettle drums is timpani. But I think I will just stick
with the first name and learn it good.
26. A trumpet is an instrument when it is not an elephant sound.
27. While trombones have tubes, trumpets prefer to wear valves.
28. The double bass is also called the bass viol, string bass, and bass
fiddle. It has so many names because it is so huge.
29. When electric currents go through them, guitars start making sounds.
So would anybody.
30. Question: What are kettle drums called?
Answer: Kettle drums.
This is the FBI summary of a conversation that took place this week
between President Clinton and Ashley, a brand new intern in the
Ashley walked into the White House for her first day of her
internship and was greeted by the President. After a short more...
Miss Ashley was new to teaching at the junior high school and decided to test the general knowledge of her new class.
"Who can tell me who brought down the walls of Jericho?", she asked.
"Wasn't me, Miss!", came a swift reply from the front more...
One day ashley was walking down the street she said I want to kick somebody ass. then someone said im going to stick my foot so far that you can smell it and she went home crying.