Barack Obama has picked the Los Angeles Lakers to win the NBA Finals in six games. He's so confident, he bet the auto industry on it.
(1) There's one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it?
(2) What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
(3) Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
(4) Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?
(5) What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
(6) In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
(7) Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw." They are all common. Name two of them.
(8) There are fourteen more...
Lakers guard Jordan Farmar is currently writing a blog on Playboy's website. Now guys have one more article they can pretend to read.
While the Rockets were crushing tall Lakers in Houston, Yao was crushing tall buildings in Tokyo.
The Los Angeles Lakers are headed back home after falling 120-101 to the Nuggets. Kobe Bryant hasn't been this excited to leave Colorado since, well, you know when.